The AJCC Research Foundation has issued a request for research proposals to be funded in 2021 addressing significant issues for the Jersey breed and Jersey milk producers.
- Nutrition of high-producing Jerseys, particularly practical feeding methods to maximize production of valuable milk components;
- Factors affecting management of Jersey calves;
- Factors affecting semen production of Jersey bulls;
- Factors affecting yield and/or quality of products manufactured from Jersey milk;
- Factors affecting economic impact of Jerseys: efficiencies, net income, longevity, and lifetime profit;
- Optimizing the genetic basis for improving animal health and/or enhancing product quality;
- Enhancing environmental impact associated with Jerseys;
- New technologies for safe and sustainable food production from Jersey cattle; and
- Feasibility of adding value and increasing consumer acceptance of Jersey-derived products through enhanced product quality and branding.
Detailed information about the Competitive Grants Program can be found on the USJersey web site (permalink http://bit.do/JerseyRFP) or requested from Cari W. Wolfe, Director of Research and Genetic Program Development, at 614/322-4453.