The National Institute of Food & Agriculture Alfalfa Seed and Alfalfa Forage System Program (ASAFS) supports the development of improved alfalfa forage and seed production systems. Proposals submitted to ASAFS should address one or more of the following priorities:
- improving alfalfa forage and seed yield through better nutrient, water and/or pest management
- improving persistence of alfalfa stands by lessening biotic or abiotic stresses
- improving alfalfa forage and seed harvesting and storage systems to optimize economic returns
- improving estimates of alfalfa forage quality as an animal feed to increase forage usage in animal feeds
- breeding to address biotic and abiotic stresses that impact forage yield and persistence and the production of seed for propagation
The ASAFS is an integrated research and Extension program that supports technology transfer to improve overall agricultural productivity, profitability and conservation of natural resources through conventional and organic alfalfa seed and forage production systems.
Application deadline is May 2. For more information, read the ASAFS funding opportunity.